Search This Blog

Saturday, March 13, 2010

What I miss most...

This will be torture, but I will be honest. These are the things I crave on a daily basis:
1. French fries. I would kill for a side of fries any time of day. Sweet potatos are great and I have always loved sweet potato fries but I want greasy, heart-stopping, salty french fries.
2. Cheese. I didn't think this would be that hard but I want a chunk of fresh mozzarella to gnaw on, a bowl of pasta with tons of parmesan, and a freshly grilled lump of haloumi with lemon juice.
3. Butter. Again, I didn't think this would be rough but I want to melt butter and dip everything from broccoli to artichokes in it.
4. Ice cream. Sorbet is actually helping with this one so I will be ok.
5. Knives. Of course I use knives when chopping veggies for all of my recipes but I haven't had to use one while eating since starting this. I want to cut into a steak or chicken or something like that. The soft textures of everything I am eating feels weak.
6. Breakfast. This is one sad meal. I don't mind the cereals and I feel much better starting my days with a healthy meal. But I want eggs, bacon, pancakes, and chorizo. Substitutes for these suck. I would rather go without than suffer through a "fake" version. I almost threw that fake bacon out the window. The chorizo was ok though.
7. Ranch dressing. Do not come near me with a vegan version because I find it offensive. Nothing can replace the artery-clogging goodness of real ranch dressing on pizza, onion rings, french fries, chicken strips, etc.

I can't keep this list going, it hurts too much. Time to focus on the positive...

No comments:

Post a Comment